Nestled in the seat of the Magic Valley region, Bridgeview Estates is close to everything the area has to offer, with Snake River Canyon visible from the facility. For a day trip, we suggest:
- Shoshone Falls, set along the Snake River Canyon, is called the Niagara Falls of the west due to the similarity in shape. Near the viewing center is a playground, trails, boat ramp and other outdoor activities.
- Sawtooth National Forest is home to ten mountains, numerous plants and animals only found in the Sawtooth forest and more than 1,000 lakes. Visitors can enjoy hiking, white water rafting, skiing, mountain climbing and swimming.
- The Herrett Center for Arts and Sciences is a natural history museum featuring educational exhibits. Most notably, the museum has a life-sized mammoth skeleton and a planetarium.
- The Shoshone Indian Ice Caves are testaments to the geological uniqueness of the area. In underground hallways made from lava, these caves stay subfreezing year-round.
- Visit South Idaho is a visitors’ guide to the central southern area of Idaho. The website features information on attractions, accommodations, events, dining and shopping for all the cities in the area.